GutzBusta® Round Bale Hay Nets offer a smart solution for managing your hay costs. Designed for 6x4 round bales, these hay nets provide numerous benefits, including reducing the incidence of colic, choke, stomach ulcers, boredom, hay wastage, and stable vices. By using GutzBusta® Hay Nets, you can improve the overall well-being of your livestock while saving on expenses.
Here's why GutzBusta® Round Bale Hay Nets are the top choice for cost-conscious farmers and horse owners:
- Efficient Sizing: Our hay nets come in different sizes, perfectly matched to your bale dimensions. The 6x4 round bale size measures 78" x 82" (2.0m x 2.1m), ensuring a snug fit and maximum coverage.
- Customizable Hole Sizes: We offer three hole sizes (1 1/4", 1 3/4", and 2 1/2") to suit your horse or livestock's feeding preferences. From gutsy eaters to older animals, you can choose the ideal hole size to promote controlled consumption and minimize hay wastage.
Not sure which size or hole size to choose? Visit our information page
for guidance or reach out to our friendly support team for personalized assistance. We're here to ensure you find the perfect fit for your animals' needs.
- How do I measure a round bale to determine the right size?
- How do I properly attach a hay net to a round bale? Check out our detailed instructions and video tutorial on our Blog page.
- Seeking flexibility in sizing? Our most versatile hay net fits both Large Square Bales and various round bale sizes up to 6x5, providing you with options during uncertain hay availability.
Not sure what size to purchase? Did you know that you can always buy a bigger net and convert it down to the smaller-sized bale if needed? However, if for example you are only ever going to get 4x4 round bales, then there is no use buying a larger hay net. Do you know how to measure a round bale of hay to decide what sized round bale you need? Not surehow to put your hay net onto a round bale? We have extensive information on this on our Blog page which includes a video link. For a super detailed version of how to put a hay net on your round bale with lots of options on what to do with the drawstring, then please click here. Both the knotless and knotted hay nets are made from our very own GutzBusta® sizes that we have developed over the years with feedback from our customers. They are superior in size, strength, and useability. Having a super wide mouth that makes them easy to fill is one of the greatest attributes of our nets.
It’s also important to note that you cannot compare the knotted nets to the knotless ones in terms of ply as they are made of entirely different materials. Ply refers to how many individual strands are in each section of the netting. The strength is in how strong those individual strands are, how tight they are, and what material they are made from. So you are comparing apples to oranges if you are comparing knotless to knotted in terms of ply.
Are you after some flexibility in sizing? Sometimes, especially in drought situations we simply don't know where our hay is coming from next. If you want a hay net that is flexible to all round bale sizes, then perhaps consider purchasing a 6x4 round bale hay net. I personally use this 6x4 size on 4x4 round bales without issue. For simple instructions on how to convert a 6x4 hay net onto a smaller-sized round bale, please. click here. The 6x4 nets fit well on 5x5 bales of hay and will still encapsulate the hay bale.
- Sometimes it might be round bales, and sometimes a Large Square 8x4x3 or 8x3x3 bale of hay is all that you can get, such as in a drought. In these times, our most flexible hay net is basically a 'one size fits all' is the Large Square Export (8x4x4 / 8x3x4) net, as it will fit both the round bales and the large square bales. The Large Square Bales are available in both knotted and knotless. This is how easy it is to adjust the hay net down a size (see second page).
Round Bale Sizes:
- Bale Size| Hay Net Size
- 3x4 | 43" x 67" (1.1m x 1.7m)
- 4x4 | 57" x 72" (1.45m x 1.85m)
- 5x4 | 68" x 78" (1.75m x 2.0m)
- 6x4 | 78" x 82" (2.0m x 2.1m)
- Hole sizes available:
- 3x4 - 1 1/4" (3cm), 1 3/4" (4cm) and 2 1/2" (6cm)
- 4x4 -1 1/4" (3cm), 1 3/4" (4cm) and 2 1/2" (6cm); NEW: 7/8th" (2cm)
- 5x4 - 1 1/4" (3cm), 1 3/4" (4cm) and 2 1/2" (6cm)
- 6x4 - 1 1/4" (3cm), 1 3/4" (4cm) and 2 1/2" (6cm)
Please remember to take precautions when using hay nets. Remove buckled headgear and secure the net at an appropriate height for your horses. For horned animals or those with ear tags, it's advisable to use additional protective measures to prevent damage to the netting. Experience the benefits of GutzBusta® Round Bale Hay Nets and start saving on hay costs today! Order now and ensure your livestock enjoy optimal feeding while minimizing wastage. Don't waste your hay—choose GutzBusta® and let your animals thrive!
Please note that each size of round bale is ‘true to size’ and if you only ever purchase 4x4 bales of hay for instance, then you only need to purchase a 4x4 hay net. Our hay nets are on the generous side, so although they won’t fit the next size up, they will allow for individual size variances depending on the farmer who makes the bales.
It is not recommended to leave buckled halters or other types of buckled headgear on your horse when using ANY type of hay net as your horse may get caught. If your horse is shod then simply tie your net up a little higher with smaller nets or you can also put your net inside a box or other device that stops their feet from coming into contact with their hay net. Similarly, do not let horned animals such as sheep or goats, and cattle with ear tags eat from the hay nets as they may tear the netting, get entangled, or remove the ear tags. For more information and photos about our hay nets, please visit our livestock page and our FAQ & Help page.